Monday 26 October 2009

Making a New Start




So much has happened in the past two years!

I have given up my 'tree plot' on the allotment and have kept just one plot. With the experience I've gained I should be able to make that into a plot to be proud of. I love being able to bring home my own vegetables with enough left over to give to family and friends.

My own blog was originally inspired by Melanie's bean-sprouts blog. I learned a lot from her and loved reading her posts, but I didn't feel I could produce something even close to her high standard. I used to be amazed how she could write a new interesting and infomative post with a suitable photo practically every day.

Melanie's blog made me aware of a number of eco-friendly issues and I loved the way she shared recipes, craft activities and the like. Some of her ideas I've never got around to trying out. Now I will - and I'll tell the world about it. Maybe I can inspire someone to keep chickens and collect their own fresh eggs, or to bake bread, make jam, use windfall apples, make their own Christmas presents... I am getting excited just thinking about the possibilities!

No comments: